Russian for beginners. 160 contact hours. 10 weeks.This introductory course is meant to develop functional competence in four basic skills: listening, reading, speaking, and writing. It will give students a basic knowledge of Russian grammar and communication skills, and will enable them to take part in simple conversations. By the end of this class, students are able to:
· Understand simple conversations about daily routines, family, school, work, announcements, etc.
· Express immediate needs and interests and hold simple conversations
· Read and understand articles on familiar topics and brief literary texts
· Write simple compositions about daily routines, family, school, and work, postcards and short letters
· This course is equivalent to one year of University-level Russian.